The Ultimate Guide to Wildlife Safari in Kenya
Kenya is known for its vast and diverse array of wildlife, making it a top destination for safari enthusiasts. With its stunning landscapes, rich culture and abundance of flora and fauna, it’s no wonder that Kenya has become a popular choice for a wildlife safari.
In this guide, we will take you through everything you need to know about planning your dream wildlife safari in Kenya, from the best safari destinations to wildlife safari packages and prices.
How to Book Our Wildlife Safari Packages
Our Most Booked Kenya Wildlife Safari Packages
Our Top Packages 2023/24
Safari Price From
The Detailed Itinerary
13 Days Honeymoon Safari in Kenya – 2024
From USD 14,964
3-DAY LUXURY 2024 MIGRATION TOUR
FROM USD 2845
5-DAY MIGRATION SAFARI 2024
FROM USD 1655
4-DAY MASAI MARA MIGRATION PACKAGES – 2024
FROM USD 2490
4-Day Maasai Mara Migration Safari – 2024
From USD 1905
3-Day Masai Mara Camp Packages – 2024
From USD 985
3-Day Masai Mara Easter Packages – 2024
From USD 1035
3-Day Masai Mara Flying Safari 2024
From USD 1192
3-Day Masai Mara Packages from Nairobi – 2024
From USD 990
4-Day Masai Mara Easter Packages – 2024
From USD 1300
4-Day Mombasa & Diani Valentine Safari – 2024
At USD 1541
4-Day Mombasa Valentine Getaway 2024
From USD 2180
2-Day Hell’s Gate & Lake Nakuru Safari
From USD 507
3-Day Amboseli Safari
From USD 734
3-Day Huduma Day Safari to Masai Mara
From USD 950
3-Day Masai Mara Christmas Packages
From USD 1010
3-Day Ol Pejeta Easter Safari for 2024
From USD 1455
4-Day L. Naivasha & Masai Mara Easter Safari
From USD 1249
4-Day L. Naivasha & Masai Mara Safari
From USD 1174
4-Day L. Nakuru & Masai Mara Safari
From USD 1162
5-Day Flying Safari to Masai Mara & Ol Pejeta Conservancy
From USD 3777
5-Day Tsavo & Diani Safari
From USD 1606
6-Day Kenya Wildlife Safari from India
From USD 1730
7-Day Kenya Christmas Safari
At USD 3093
1-Day Nairobi National Park & Giraffe Center Tour
From USD 119
1-Day Nairobi National Park & Nairobi Animal Orphanage Tour
From USD 34
From USD 4216
18-Day Kenya Family Safari
From USD 5849
15-Day Senior Citizen Tour – 2024
From USD 4252
Introduction to Wildlife Safari in Kenya
A wildlife safari in Kenya is an unforgettable experience that will take you on a journey through some of the most majestic and breathtaking landscapes in the world. From spotting the Big Five (lion, elephant, leopard, buffalo, and rhino) to witnessing the Great Migration in Masai Mara, Kenya offers a unique and unforgettable safari experience.
Top 10 Best Safari Destinations in Kenya
1. Masai Mara National Reserve: Located in southwestern Kenya, this reserve is famous for its annual Great Migration where millions of wildebeest, zebras, and antelopes cross the Mara River in search of greener pastures. A Masai Mara safari is the most sought-after wildlife safari in Kenya.
2. Amboseli National Park: This park is known for its large herds of elephants and stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro. It also offers opportunities to spot other wildlife such as lions, giraffes, and cheetahs.
3. Tsavo National Parks: These two parks, Tsavo East and Tsavo West, boast a diverse landscape with rugged mountains, semi-arid plains, and lush riverine forests. They are home to the Big Five as well as other wildlife such as giraffes, zebras, and hippos.
4. Lake Nakuru National Park: This park is famous for its large flocks of pink flamingos, as well as other wildlife such as rhinos, lions, and buffaloes. It also offers stunning views of the Great Rift Valley.
5. Samburu National Reserve: Located in northern Kenya, this reserve is home to unique wildlife species such as the Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, and reticulated giraffe. It also offers a more off-the-beaten-track safari experience.
6. Aberdare National Park: This park is known for its dense forests and diverse wildlife including the rare black leopard. Visitors can also spot other animals such as elephants, buffaloes, and lions.
7. Ol Pejeta Conservancy: This conservancy is a pioneer in wildlife conservation and is home to the last two remaining northern white rhinos in the world. It also offers opportunities to spot other animals such as lions, elephants, and giraffes.
8. Mount Kenya National Park: This park offers a unique combination of mountain scenery and wildlife viewing. Visitors can spot rare species such as bongo antelopes, as well as other animals such as elephants and buffaloes.
9. Meru National Park: This park is known for its diverse landscapes including rivers, savannahs, and forests. It also offers opportunities to spot wildlife such as lions, leopards, and cheetahs.
10. Nairobi National Park: Located just a few kilometers from the capital city, this park offers a convenient and accessible wildlife safari experience. Visitors can spot the Big Five as well as other animals such as giraffes, zebras, and wildebeest. Nairobi wildlife safari includes a city tour.
Wildlife Safari Packages in Kenya
There are various safari packages available in Kenya to suit different budgets, preferences, and types of travel. Some popular safari packages include:
- Luxury Safaris: These packages offer luxurious accommodation, exclusive game drives, and personalized service. They are ideal for travelers looking for a high-end safari experience.
- Budget Safaris: These packages offer more affordable options with basic accommodation and shared game drives. They are ideal for budget-conscious travelers.
- Family Safaris: These packages cater to families traveling with children and offer activities suitable for all ages. They also provide family-friendly accommodation and transport options.
- Walking Safaris: For a more up-close and personal wildlife experience, a Kenya walking safari is the way to go. They allow visitors to explore the wilderness on foot while accompanied by an experienced guide.
Wildlife Safari Prices in Kenya
The prices for wildlife safari packages in Kenya vary depending on the type of package, accommodation, and duration of the trip. On average, a 3-4 day safari can range from $500 to $1500 per person, while a luxury safari can cost upwards of $2000 per person. It’s important to research and compare prices from different tour operators to find the best deal for your budget and needs.
Tips for Planning a Wildlife Safari in Kenya
- Research and choose your safari destination carefully, taking into account the type of wildlife you want to see and the activities available.
- Book with a reputable tour operator who has experience organizing safaris in Kenya.
- Consider the time of year for your safari, as different seasons offer different wildlife sightings and experiences.
- Pack appropriate clothing for both hot and cold weather, as well as comfortable walking shoes.
- Follow the rules and regulations of the national parks/reserves to ensure the safety of both you and the wildlife.