The Complete Guide to the Best Camping Safaris in Kenya
The best camping safaris in Kenya offer an unforgettable experience. From the wild beauty of the African savannah to the stunning views of Mount Kenya, camping safaris provide you with access to some of the most remote and pristine areas in the country.
At night, you can look up at an endless sky filled with stars while enjoying traditional African cuisine cooked over an open fire. During the day, you can explore the vast plains of the savannah and marvel at the diverse wildlife that call this place home.
Why and How to Book Our Camping Safaris Packages
Our Affordable camping safaris in Kenya are unforgettable experiences. There are so many things that you can do which will leave you extending your stay here. Depending on your level of adventure, you cannot have one boring moment.
You will experience the rich Kenyan wildlife on a first hand basis, see the healthy green vegetation, be hypnotized by the golden Kenyan sunsets, meet the ever so friendly Kenyan locals and feast on the amazing Kenyan cuisine.
Taking cheap camping safaris in Kenya with us will leave you relaxed, rejuvenated, ready and energized for a new start. So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us and we will do our very best to make your stay awesome.
Now this is not your everyday camping guide. We are trying to give you ideas and information that most sites will omit or assume irrelevant. We want to make you feel like you are actually on the ground so that by the time you are in Kenya, you are way ahead of everyone else.
We encourage you to contact us via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. We are also available by phone or WhatsApp at +254-748-258-880.
Book Our Most Popular Safari to Kenya and Masai Mara
|Our Most Booked Kenya Safari Packages 2023||Price Per Adult Sharing||The Detailed Itinerary|
|1-Day Nairobi National Park & Giraffe Center Tour||From USD 119||See the Itinerary|
|1-Day Nairobi National Park & Nairobi Animal Orphanage Tour||From USD 34||See the Itinerary|
|3-Day Masai Mara Camp Packages||From USD 1015||See the Itinerary|
|3-Day Masai Mara Christmas Packages||From USD 1010||See the Itinerary|
|3-Day Masai Mara Easter Packages||From USD 985||See the Itinerary|
|3-Day Masai Mara Festive Packages||From USD 1315||See the Itinerary|
|3-Day Masai Mara Lodge Safari||From USD 995||See the Itinerary|
|3-Day Masai Mara Packages||From USD 955||See the Itinerary|
|3-Day Masai Mara Packages from Nairobi||From USD 995||See the Itinerary|
|3-Day Ol Pejeta Easter Safari||From USD 1175||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day Africa Migration Masai Mara Packages||From USD 1360||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day L. Naivasha & Masai Mara Easter Safari||From USD 1249||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day L. Naivasha & Masai Mara Safari||From USD 1174||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day L. Nakuru & Masai Mara Safari||From USD 1162||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day Masai Mara Camp Packages||From USD 1195||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day Masai Mara Easter Packages||From USD 1235||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day Masai Mara Migration Packages||From USD 1360||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day Mombasa & Diani Safari||From USD 937||See the Itinerary|
|4-Day Mombasa & Diani Valentine Safari||At USD 1405||See the Itinerary|
|5-Day Flying Safari to Masai Mara & Ol Pejeta Conservancy||From USD 3777||See the Itinerary|
|6-Day Kenya Wildlife Safari from India||From USD 1730||See the Itinerary|
|7-Day Kenya Christmas Safari||At USD 3093||See the Itinerary|
|7-Day Kenya Wildlife Safari||From USD 1884||See the Itinerary|
|8-Day Kenya Wildlife Safari||From USD 4413||See the Itinerary|
|8-Day Wildlife & Beach Safari||From USD 1585||See the Itinerary|
|12-Day Kenya Wildlife & Beach Safari||From USD 4216||See the Itinerary|
|18-Day Kenya Family Safari||From USD 5849||See the Itinerary|
What to Know Before Coming for Your Camping Safaris in Kenya
If you have never experienced a Kenya safari, then there are a number of things you have to know in order to prepare fully for a nice comfortable stay in this country. Relax, it’s nothing bad or hectic. On the contrary, these are useful tips and tricks to help you have the best camping safaris of your life.
1. Come Prepared to Have Fun
We solemnly swear that this is not an exaggeration. It is the simple truth. You will have maximum fun in Kenya during your camping safaris. Whatever your preferences are, they are all taken care of. Whether you like to see animals, or take photos, or engage in sea sports, or even eat, there is everything and more in Kenya and all you have to do is come with an open heart and mind.
And in case you are wondering whether these trips will be suitable for all, then you have nothing to worry about. We make sure that all our packages and itineraries are made especially for any and all.
2. Know What You Want to Do
Because the cheapest camping safaris in Kenya are of limited time, and perhaps you are working on a budget, we advise you to come up with a list of preferences of what you want to do during your camping safaris in Kenya. Once you have this list, you can contact us and we will do our best to create a package which will suit you and your family or friends.
We recommend prioritization because an activity that is found in one camping destination may not be found in another. Some destinations may also be very far from each other and having them all in one camping safaris package may be unrealistic.
We thus ask that you pick the top ten things you would like to do and inform us and we will work with these to create the best itinerary for you.
Some of the activities that you can engage in during your camping safaris trip include game drives, bird watching, hot air balloon rides, hiking, deep sea diving and other sea sports and one on one relations with the locals, just to mention a few.
So sit down, take your time and tell us what gives you an adrenaline rush and we will be at your service.
3. Give Us Your Ideal Budget
For any trip, especially to a foreign country like Kenya to work, you must have a budget or at least a rough estimate of camping safaris prices or how much you would like to spend during your camping safaris. As much as there is no price to enjoyment and fulfillment, a budget plays a large role in us planning for your perfect stay.
For instance, depending on how much you have, a lot of things will vary. From the type of airport pick up (individual or group), accommodation, food, and mode of transportation. It goes without saying that the larger your budget the more options you have but that does not mean you will not have fun with a small budget.
Kenya is the land of no worries remember? Hakuna Matata. We have you covered.
4. Communicate with Us About Your Camping Safaris
Have you watched Aladdin? Or at least read about that intriguing tale? So you are Aladdin and we are the genie. Your wish is our command and we will gladly go out of our way to have you smiling and satisfied.
But in order for us to be able to make your camping safaris magical, we have to be in constant contact with you. We are available to have WhatsApp or Zoom calls with you at your convenience.
This will allow you to know who you are dealing with and will give us the chance to be familiar with our esteemed client. Constant communication will also enable us to correct issues we got wrong the first time, and add to what we got right.
It is also through these calls that we can make all the arrangements with you, cross checking everything with you to make sure that it is all as you would like it to be. So just tell us when you are available and we will keep in touch with you until the day your feet land on Kenyan soil.
5. Know What to Carry
I think this is the trickiest yet most important part of your trip to Kenya. You never know what to carry and what to leave especially if it is your first time going somewhere. But you have us as your ears and eyes on the ground so we will help you pack adequately.
Depending on the time of the year you will be coming to Kenya and where (as in regions) you will be going to, we will guide you. However there are the basic things that you should come with which we shall list briefly in the following checklist.
- Toiletries e.g toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, body cream/lotion, deodorant, sunblock and hair care products.
- Medication: These should be both prescribed and preventive. Preventive drugs include painkillers, insect repellants, antacids, and lozenges.
- Your travel documents. We advise you to have a small sling bag where you can put these documents so that you can easily access them as the sling bag will always be on you.
- Your pocket money should be in your sling bag as well. This way, even if there is a delay at baggage claim, you will still have your money with you.
- Have your camera, laptop, iPod and iPad carefully placed and packed in their respective bags together with their chargers. You will find use for all your electronics once you get to Kenya for your camping safaris. You should come with a Kenyan plug which will suit the Kenyan socket.
- Comfortable clothes. We recommend cotton t-shirts, vests, shorts, trousers and perhaps one elegant dress, or suit for when you will go for dinner at a posh place. But for most days, shorts will be appropriate because they are light, easily cleaned and resistant to wear and tear. Khaki, polyester or jeans will do. Avoid tight clothes because they are not good for the hot Kenyan days. Carry with you comfortable shoes too. A pair of cushioned hiking boots, sandals for the easy days and dress shoes for your aforementioned elegant dinner. You have to experience the 360 dimensions of Kenya right?
- Warm clad. Kenyan nights can be pretty cold. Nothing compared to winter, but it can be chilly and so you will do well to carry at least one warm sweater and a pair of sweatpants in which you can comfortably sleep in. You can also carry a small warm scarf for your night escapades.
- A journal. Believe me you will have a lot to write about. I will let you see this for yourself.
- Something from your home country. Camping Safaris in Kenya are primarily about the outdoor experience but we also look forward to the cultural exchanges between our guests. We therefore recommend that you carry with you something from your home country such as candy, fruit, clothes or anything else that has great significance in your culture.
- A sense of fun and adventure. Even with all the above mentioned requirements, your camping safaris cannot be exciting or fulfilling if you do not have a spirit of fun!
6 . Basic Kenyan Etiquette
Kenya is an African country and so by default there are some cultural practices that have been married with urbanization. Do not frown because it is not anything out of this world or limiting. A good example is that the younger generation always appreciates the older generation by greeting them before asking them for anything.
You don’t have to kneel or bow or do anything out of the ordinary. Just a simple ‘habari yako’ or ‘jambo’ will do. This makes them know that you have respect. While most Kenyans are kind and happy to have visitors, there is always the small percentage of people who will look for your trouble. We advise you that if ever this happens, do not engage them.
Walk away and get to the group of people you are with. If you came alone then keep close to your Kenyan born and bred guides. They will definitely make sure nothing happens to you.
7. Once You Are Here
So you have reached Kenya and you are psyched about your camping safaris. We are also excited that you chose our country to enjoy your holiday or vacation. Once you are here, you will get to the airport picked by our comfortable cars and taken to the place of accommodation that you chose.
You will then get to eat, rest and get ready for the fun packed camping safaris waiting for you. We usually give our guests one day to rest in order to not overwhelm them and then begin with the adventure the following day. You should ask as many questions as possible.
Do not be shy to demand what you feel is your right. We will be your family this side of the sun so feel free to give us feedback on anything and everything. If something does not please you, let us know and we will rectify it.
On the other hand, if you are greatly impressed with another thing, also do let us know so that we can be constant in it so that all our guests after you can enjoy the same. Walk with your camera because there will be so much to capture. Both natural and manmade. Ask for help when you are not sure about anything and most importantly, please have all the fun.
8. Camping Safaris Rules to Keep in Mind
Like any other thing in the world, camping too has rules! Not like old archaic rules that will end up with you being stoned if you do not follow them, but rules that keep both you and nature safe during your trip.
Most of the places you will be camping are under the management of the Kenya Wildlife Service and they operate under certain codes. These include:
- Always listen to your tour guide
- Never, under any circumstances feed the wild animals unless otherwise instructed.
- Keep in the tracks assigned for driving while inside the parks and reserves.
- Do not harm the animals by throwing rocks or sticks at them.
- Do not buy or take away any animal products from the parks.
- Make sure all cigarettes are properly out before throwing them. Do not leave any bonfires unattended. Do not throw away matchsticks while they are still ablaze.
- Do not walk past assigned areas.
- Keep in groups for easy access and effective help.
- Do not litter. Keep all your waste together and only get rid of them once you come by the proper waste bins.
- Take care of all the equipment that you will be given, because just like you, there are other guests who will need to use them.
- Never sleep without making a friend. Camping safaris are usually great opportunities to make lifelong friends that you will meet outside the Kenyan borders. And it never hurt to have one more friend did it?
- Above all, have all the fun possible!
9. During Your Adventurous Escapades outside Camping Grounds
I hope you know that you will not be cooped in the Kenyan Savannah all through the period of your camping safaris. Though it isn’t such a bad thing. The serenity and calm Kenyan Nature provides could just carry you for days. But then there is so much to do and see in Kenya so you cannot for the life of me just focus on one part.
First and foremost, you have to try Kenyan foods and Kenyan drinks. Of course while in the camps you will be eating Kenyan meals but you have to taste Kenyan food that is locally made. Depending on where you will be, you can ask your guide to take you to a local canteen (kibanda) where you can enjoy a variety of Kenyan dishes.
These include Nyama Choma, Chapati Madondo, Ugali Omena, Mboga za Kienyeji or Ugali and Fish. I promise you that you will be licking your fingers and lips by the end of these meals. Nyama Choma happens to be the country’s favorite. End hot days with one of Kenya’s finest beers, Tusker.
You must then visit the markets of the areas you have. Kenyan markets are basically open-air places where traders of various items come together to sell. These items range from foods, art, crafts, to clothes and household items. You can get almost anything in the markets and at cheap prices.
By visiting these markets you will not only be getting a chance to interact with the Kenyan locals, but you will also be supporting them and the country at large which is just a tremendous thing to do.
Which brings us to the next tip. When you do visit the market, walk with your money in small denominations. This way, you will be able to bargain easily with the traders. And it will also lessen the chances of losing your money.
Ask your guide whether there are local shows such as karaoke, poetry slam or a theater show. Watch out for fireworks shows, street art shows or dance events. Although most may be in Swahili or local languages, when it comes to music and art, they both surpass such barriers and I believe you will still enjoy yourself.
This is the time where you can go for that elegant dinner in a four or five star hotel and at least change the rhythm and environment of camping.
10. When You Go Back Home After Finishing Your Camping Safaris
Time flies when you are having fun doesn’t it. Now your camping safaris are over and you are going back home. When you ask that you give us your honest feedback about what you thought of your stay and our services.
Also recommend us to your family and friends who would like to come for the same camping safaris or any other travel package in Kenya. And lastly, send us photos of your highlights which we shall keep in our catalog for our other clients to see.
Wow, it was one amazing journey. We hope that this article will be helpful to you while planning for your trip to Kenya camping safaris. Remember you can ask as many questions as possible until you feel satisfied. Karibu sana Kenya.